Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sudden sore neck lasting for weeks?

A couple weeks ago, I developed a sore neck within less than a day. It was so intense I could not turn my head without feeling intense pain. At first I thought it was sore because it happened shortly after riding a bike for the first time in a while. But now the pain has lasted for weeks and is not improving. Every morning I wake up with extreme pain in my neck. It does not feel like muscle pain, because I have had sore neck muscles before and this is not what it feels like. Whereas stretching it would normally give relief, stretching the neck gives me sharp, almost headache-inducing pain. It occurs in both sides of the neck. I am only 20 years old. At this point I have a lot of muscle popping all over my neck, shoulders, and back when I rub them, as though they are tight, and this has worsened over the past couple weeks. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment