Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What can I do for my ankle?

I have had a bad ankle for 15 years now. I sprained my left ankle twice in the same night when I was 11 years old. My dad refused to take me to the dr about it so I never had anything done about it. When I got in to the dr, (5 years later) he said it was broken cartilage in my ankle and to stretch it to strengthen the joint. I was just in to see my dr a couple of months ago and I mentioned my ankle and he said there really isn't much to do for my ankle short of surgery. Well, I currently have no health insurance but the pain in my ankle is getting so bad, it is hard for me to walk at times. But the pain comes and goes. My question is, what in the world can I do? Has anyone else found something that helps with a bad ankle? I hate taking a lot of painkillers. I use heat to help soothe the pain but that only helps a little bit. Any suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment